Tuesday, April 5, 2011

In ten days I'm going to get on a plane and fly away. Yes, I'm going back - back to being a present member of the Wright clan, mandazis, lesos, pikis, hilarious road trips in our crowded land cruiser, braided hair, mudding houses, in-your-face chicken, eating white ants and saying sindiyo all the time. 

But away from salwar khameezes, dhal chawal, autos, dupattas, long afternoon trips to the bazaar, getting late-night domino's with my roommate, and saying, "अच्छा" all the time. 

While I'm happy to go home, I'm sad to leave.

However, I just found out that I can write in Hindi on my blog, so that is fantastic.

शान्ति ,
रिचा

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"in your face chicken"? Would that be the precursor to "awkward chickens", "strange chickens" and everyone's favorite "juice chickens"?

Brenda said...

I'm sure those who are welcoming you back are excited to have you and those from whom you are going away are sad to see you go. Such a fun journey :)

 

Copyright 2010 A Bit Jua Kali.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.