Thursday, September 16, 2010

I have an art studio.

Granted, sometimes it becomes a library, a research lab, pilates room, or (and most often) a coffee shop of some kind. But I like to think of it as my studio. I have canvas rolled and stacked, paintings hung from everywhere, and random statuettes and carvings that constantly serve as models. There is a MASSIVE pile of photography books on the desk - again, models. I have my watercolor, acrylic, and oil palettes propped up proudly to show the world that I'm cool like a real painter, plus my various stashes of brushes that kind of end up all over the room.

Lamp at just the right angle. A rug for sitting on while painting. A chair covered with a bright yellow wrap for when the rug thing gets old. I like to lie on the floor and let the ideas flow in, collecting in the drain of my mind.

Oh, and there's a bed in there too.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Vivid. I like it a lot.
Nuff said.

carmeljamaica said...

I second what Anna said. :)

There are a lot of things that interest me, and the most important of them are: God, books, music, true love, knowledge/wisdom and art. I remember I went to a painting class in 4th grade and it was cool. I haven't been doing much artwork these days except doodles and sketches, or anything else I can find in the house that can be turned into a work of art.

Whenever I get bored, I would draw on table napkins in coffee shops, or sketch portraits of my friends and send it to them via snail mail. I actually miss it.


I love how you have your own art studio. I really envy that. :D

 

Copyright 2010 A Bit Jua Kali.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.